Barbara Hershey Net Worth
As of April 2022, Barbara Hershey has an estimated net worth of around $15 million. She is a US-based, highly acclaimed actress and has been acting for five decades. Barbara is considered one of the most successful actresses of all time.
Throughout her acting career, she performed many roles such as a protagonist, supporting role, and antagonist. She has appeared in numerous TV Reality shows and has been a part of many blockbuster movies.
She won many awards and is well known for her roles in Shy People, A World Apart, A Killing in a Small Town, Beaches, and Her Sisters.
|Full Name||Barbara Lynn Herzstein|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1948|
|Birth Place||Hollywood, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 4 in or 1.65 m|
|Weight||59 kg or 130 lbs|
|Father||Arnold Nathan Herzstein|
|Net Worth||$15 million (approx.)|
Movies and Tv Shows
A few of Hershey’s best Movies and TV shows are:-
- 1968: With Six You Get Eggroll (debut film)
- 1969: Heaven With a Gun
- 1986: Hannah and Her Sisters
- 1987: Shy People
- 1988: Beaches
- 1991: París Trout
- 1995: Last of The Dogmen
- 1996: The Portrait of a Lady
- 2007: The Bird Can’t Fly
- 2010: Black Swan
- 2016: The 9th Life of Louis Drax
- 2021: The Manor
- 1965-66: Gidgets
- 1970: Insights
- 1973: Love Story
- 1980: From Here to Eternity
- 1993: Return to Lonesome Dove
- 2004-05: The Mountain
- 2012-16: Once Upon a Time
- 2018: The X Files
- 2020: The Paradise Lost
Early Life, Family, and Education
Barbara Hershey was born to his parents Melrose Herzstein and Arnold Nathan Herzstein on February 5, 1948, in Hollywood, California, United States. Her father’s parents were Jewish emigrants from Russia and Hungary, while her mother was originally from Arkansas and Arnold Herzstein was a horse racing columnist. Barbara is the youngest of the three siblings. She had always dreamed to be an actress since her childhood.
Many people assumed Barbara was deaf because she had problems with hearing. But despite that, she became an A-grade student lately. She graduated from Hollywood high college in 1966.
Barbara Hershey began her career in 1965 with the three episodes of the television series Gidget. After the release of The Monroes in 1966, she adopted the stage name Barbara Hershey.
She made her acting debut in 1968 by featuring in With Six You Get Eggroll. In 1971 she was also seen in The Pursuit of Happiness. Barbara came into the mainstream media after the release of her highly acclaimed film Hannah and Her Sisters. She was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. In the same year, she also appeared in her all-time famous movies, Shy People and A World Apart.
From 2004-2005, she worked with the cast of The Mountain, and her last appearance was in The Manor in 2021.
Interesting Facts About Barbara Hershey
- Barbara was a shy kid who was lack of confidence.
- She once said in an interview that starring in Boxcar Bertha (1972) was the funniest movie ever
- She was the first actress to win two consecutive Best Actress Awards at Cannes for Shy People and A World Apart.
- Barbara is a passionate, versatile, and enthusiastic lady who works with style and intensity.
- Currently, Hershey resides in Los Angeles, United States.
Also Read || AnnaLynne McCord’s Bio-Wiki…
In her 50 years of career, she has developed relationships with many actors. In 1969, she got married to David Carradine. Later, in 1972 they got blessed with a son named Tom Carradine.
However, they fell apart around the time of Carradine’s 1974 burglary arrest. During this period, she changed her stage name to “Seagull”.
Again, on August 8, 1992, she got engaged to Stephen Douglas. The pair separated and divorced one year after the wedding. In 1999 Hershey began dating Naveen Andrews, a well-known actor. In 2010, Barbara announced that she had ended her 10 years of relationship with him six months earlier.
Awards and Nominations
- 1987: Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actress (Shy People)
- 1987: Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress (Shy People)
- 1986: BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Hannah and Her Sisters)
- 1986: National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Supporting Actress (Hannah and Her Sisters)
- 1988: Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress (The Last Temptation of Christ)
- 1991: Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries Or a Movie (Paris Trout)
- 2010: BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Black Swan)
Below are the social profiles of Barbara Hershey
That was all about Barbara Hershey’s biography.