Jesse Williams Net Worth
As of April 2022, Jesse Williams has an estimated net worth of around $12 million. Jesse is a well-known American Actor, Voice Artist, Director, Producer, and Activist. Jesse is best known for his role as Dr. Jackson Avery on Grey’s Anatomy. It was constantly nominated every year for Primetime Emmy Awards except in 2010.
|Full Name||Jesse Wesley Williams|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1981|
|Birth Place||Chicago, Illinois, US|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Producer, Activist|
|Height||6 ft 1 in or 1.85 m|
|Weight||77 kg or 170 lbs|
|Net Worth||$12 million (approx.)|
- Jesse was a history teacher before he began his career in acting.
- Jesse Williams has worked with Rihanna in the music video Russian Roulette. He also has appeared in the music video Fall in Love by Estelle and in Tell Me, You Love Me by Demi Lovato. Jesse was a model during college. He worked for Levi’s, Tommy Hilfiger Corporation, and Lane Bryant.
- Jesse is the Executive Producer of Question Bridge: Black Males, a Multifaceted media Project, and Website that protects Black Males from Being Exploited.
- In 2016, Jesse won the Humanitarian award at the 2016 BET Awards.
- He delivered a speech highlighting social issues like Racial Injustice, Police Brutality, and the Invention of Whiteness.
- Due to his speech, Dueling petitions were filed: One to fire Jesse Williams from the series Grey’s Anatomy and one to keep him on the series.
- Jesse has written articles for CNN and The Huffington Post. He has also been a guest at Wolf Blitzer’s The Situation Room.
Early Life, Family, and Education
On August 5, 1981, Jesse Wesley Williams was born to Johanna Chase and Reginald Williams in Chicago, Illinois, United States. His mother worked as a professional potter and she is Swedish American. His father taught history in northern Maine and he is African American.
Jesse has two Younger Brothers. He completed his primary education at Moses Brown School in Providence, Rhode Island in 1998. Jesse graduated from Temple University with a double major in African American Studies and Film and Media Arts.
In 2005, Jesse participated in New York Actors Showcase, organized by ABC Television. Jesse made his film debut for the role of Leo in the 2005 film The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Later he appeared in Brooklyn’s Finest (2010). He got his first chance for a leading role in The Cabin in the Woods. In 2012, Jesse established a production company known as forward Inc.
In May 2012, A fan campaign started to influence film executives to cast him in the role of Finnick Odair in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. In 2013, Jesse wrote an opinion for CNN, that analyzed the film Django Unchained. In the same year, he narrated the audio version of the book The Bane Chronicles: What Happened in Peru. In May 2016, Jesse was executive producer of the documentary film Stay Woke: The Black Lives Matter Movement.
Jesse produced a short film titled Two Distant Strangers in 2021. This movie won an Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film. In May 2022, he debuted in Richard Greenberg’s Take Me Out.
Jesse Williams Movies and TV Shows
Jesse Williams is outperforming other actors in terms of his acting skills. A few of His best movies and tv shows include:-
- The Cabin in the Woods (2012)
- The Butler (2013)
- Band Aid (2017)
- Selah and the Spades (2019)
- Random Acts of Violence (2019)
- Secret Headquarters (2022)
- Your Place or Mine (Upcoming)
- Law & Order (2006)
- Beyond the Break (2006)
- Greek (2008)
- The Washingtonienne (2009)
- Grey’s Anatomy (2009)
- Most expensive (2018)
- Power (2019)
- Station 19 (2020)
- Little Fires Everywhere (2020)
- Rebel (2021)
Jesse Williams dated Aryn Drake-Lee for five years. Later they married in September 2012. The couple had two children, Sadie Williams, and Maceo Williams. The couple got separated and filed for divorce in April 2017.
Also Read || Ben Affleck’s bio-wiki…
Awards and Nominations
- Jesse was listed at no. 10 in 2010 and no. 11 in 2011 on BuddyTV’s 100 sexiest men.
- Young Hollywood Awards named him TV Actor of the Year in 2011.
- The Webby Awards for Special Achievement in 2018.
- Academy awards in 2021 for his short-film Two Distant Strangers.
- NAACP Award for best supporting actor in a drama series for Grey’s Anatomy.
- Nomination for People Choice Awards in 2015,2016,2017 and 2020.
- Nomination for Orlando Film Festival for Best Ensemble Cast for Money in 2016.
- Nomination for Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a drama series for Grey’s Anatomy in 2017.
- Nomination for Teen Choice Award for Grey’s Anatomy in 2017 and 2018.
Below are the social profiles of Jesse Williams
That was all about Jesse Williams’s biography.